The Centre Avenue Corridor project will lay the foundation for the transformation of 170 vacant or idle properties into multiple commercial, residential and office spaces over the next several years.
Stay updated on the progress of the Centre Avenue RFQ in the Hill District.
Through an inclusive, community-informed process and innovative partnerships, the Centre Avenue Corridor project will transform 170 vacant or idle properties into multiple commercial, residential and office spaces.
March 30 • Q&A Webinar
This webinar will provide a brief overview of the Centre Avenue RFQ and Equitable Empowerment Program, and answer any questions from developers.
You can view the March 30 Q&A Webinar here.
The URA anticipates issuing the Centre Ave RFQ in phases and selecting multiple developers throughout the numerous phases.
Following the RFQ due date for this first phase, the URA will:
- Review and evaluate responses received
- Solicit community input, and if appropriate
- Make recommendations for consideration by the URA Board of Directors
Following initial URA Board vote, the URA will then re-release this RFQ, amended to reflect a revised list of available sites.
This community-driven process will transform the Corridor through the redevelopment of 170 URA and City-owned parcels, containing 162 vacant lots and eight structures. Projects will include ground-floor commercial space with compatible multi-story residential, office, and /or flexible space.
Monday, July 22, 2019 - RFQ Issue Date
Wednesday, August 7, 2019 - Community Briefing Session
Wednesday, August 14, 2019 - RFQ Q&A Session and Teaming Event for MWBE firms that provide professional services
Monday, August 19, 2019 - Site Tour 1
Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - Site Tour 2
Tuesday, October 22, 2019 - Qualifications Due Date
Wednesday, October 23 - Friday, November 8, 2019 - Pre-Qualifications Review
November 23, 2019 - Community Meeting with qualified respondents
December 2, 2019 - Final Review Committee Meeting (tentative)
January 9, 2020 - URA Board Meeting for Exclusive Negotiation period
February 13, 2020 - URA Board approved exclusive negotiations with the first round of Centre Avenue RFQ respondents
March 17, 2020 - RFQ Round 2 release for all parcels not included in exclusive negotiation period above
May-August, 2020 (anticipated) - DRP community input process for RFQ Round 1
- Diamonte Walker* - Deputy Executive Director
- Hala Nuemah* - Director of Finance
- Nathan Clark* - Director of Real Estate
- Jerry Williams* - Urban Designer
- Josette Fitzgibbons* - Neighborhood Business District Manager
- Chuck Alcorn* - Development Manager
- Emily Pontarelli* - Compliance Review Specialist
- Dan Wood - Chief of Staff, City Council District 6
- Glenn Grayson - Senior Program Manager for Neighborhood Development, Neighborhood Allies
- James Myers, Jr. - Director, Community and Business Development, Riverside Center for Innovation
- Laya Mathews* - Project Manager
- Julie Edwards* - Outreach Manager
- Maya Fews* - Equity and Inclusion Coordinator
- Claren Healey* - Real Estate Development Officer
- Lilly Freedman* - Community Development Specialist
* indicates URA staff
In July 2019, the URA issued a Request for Qualifications from one or more developers or development teams to participate in the revitalization of various scattered sites along Centre Avenue in the Middle Hill neighborhood of the City of Pittsburgh.
The goal of this RFQ is to select Developers to work to implement uses and further the concepts that have been articulated by the community as described in the 2015 Centre Avenue Corridor Redevelopment and Design Plan and Greater Hill District Master Plan. Central to these plans are the following priorities:
- Creating opportunities for minority and local Developers
- Revitalizing Centre Avenue as the neighborhood’s primary retail, institutional, and cultural node as well as a strong residential
- Building upon the African American cultural legacy
- Creating family-friendly housing without displacement
- Fostering economic empowerment
- Producing comprehensive sustainability and quality design
Contact Laya Mathews at email@example.com or 412.255.6576.