Business and Entrepreneur Initiatives
Support of Pittsburgh's entrepreneurial ecosystem
The URA supports Pittsburgh's entrepreneurial ecosystem through several initiatives year-round and throughout the city.
LaunchPgh.com is an online tool that connects entrepreneurs with resources, workshops, office space, competitions, events, and funding.
Small Business Resource Fairs (SBRF)
Small Business Resource Fairs provide an ongoing opportunity for new entrepreneurs to find resources to help their businesses start and grow. These fairs are free to attend and allow the public an opportunity to meet with resource providers and City department employees who can provide them with answers to their business questions. Approximately seven fairs are held annually in different neighborhoods across Pittsburgh. View the SBRF event page for upcoming Fair dates.
Roadmap for Inclusive Innovation
Pittsburgh has positioned itself to become a city of inclusive innovation by providing equal access to products and services through new technology, ideas, personnel and inventions. From 2015-2016 a lot of strides have been made to achieve progress under the Roadmap such as,
- 34 new partners committed to promoting inclusive innovation
- 60+ free and accessible innovation events provided opportunities for citizens to engage with the city, Roadmap partners, resources, and services
- 17 collaborative initiatives comprised of diverse civic and business leaders addressing one or multiple Roadmap for Inclusive Innovation focus areas
- 9 websites developed to publish, update, and promote new initiatives and resources in Pittsburgh
- 60 actions on-track or complete
- 70,000+ people connected with the city online
Catapult: Start-Up to Storefront
The URA is a proud sponsor of the Catapult: Start-Up to Storefront Program, an equitable business development strategy for Pittsburgh communities. The program focuses on place-based opportunities that are ideal for minority, women-owned and small businesses. The goal is to ensure entrepreneurship is attainable for all. The program is driven by Circles Greater Pittsburgh and ELDI, and supported by the URA, Paramount Co-Op, and the Larimer Consensus Group.
For more information please contact Jennifer Wilhelm, director of commercial lending, at 412.255.6580 or email@example.com.