Support of Pittsburgh's entrepreneurial ecosystem
The Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship supports Pittsburgh's entrepreneurial ecosystem through several initiatives year-round and throughout the city.
LaunchPgh.com is an online tool that connects entrepreneurs with resources, workshops, office space, competitions, events, and funding.
Steel City Codefest
The URA has hosted Steel City Codefest, a civic software application competition, for the past five years. The competition seeks to provide non-profits with technology challenges with a solution in the form of an app. Codefest has attracted over 200 participants, resulted in several successful apps, expanded to include Codefest Jr., and became a week-long event in conjunction with Inclusive Innovation Week.
Small Business Resource Fairs (SBRF)
Small Business Resource Fairs provide an ongoing opportunity for new entrepreneurs to find resources to help their businesses start and grow. These fairs are free to attend and allow the public an opportunity to meet with resource providers and City department employees who can provide them with answers to their business questions. Approximately seven fairs are held annually in different neighborhoods across Pittsburgh.
- Squirrel Hill - March 21, 2019
- Hill District - April 25, 2019 Register
- Brookline - May 8, 2019 Register
Roadmap for Inclusive Innovation
Pittsburgh has positioned itself to become a city of inclusive innovation by providing equal access to products and services through new technology, ideas, personnel and inventions. From 2015-2016 a lot of strides have been made to achieve progress under the Roadmap such as,
- 34 new partners committed to promoting inclusive innovation
- 60+ free and accessible innovation events provided opportunities for citizens to engage with the city, Roadmap partners, resources, and services
- 17 collaborative initiatives comprised of diverse civic and business leaders addressing one or multiple Roadmap for Inclusive Innovation focus areas
- 9 websites developed to publish, update, and promote new initiatives and resources in Pittsburgh
- 60 actions on-track or complete
- 70,000+ people connected with the city online
For more information please contact Jennifer Wilhelm, Assistant Director, CIE, at 412.255.6580 or firstname.lastname@example.org.