About COVID-19 Hazard Pay Grants
The COVID-19 PA Hazard Pay Grant Program was established to help employers provide hazard pay to employees in life-sustaining occupations during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Hazard pay is intended to keep front-line employees working in sectors that are vital to every Pennsylvanians’ existence. The program will help employers provide hazard pay for their employees to retain current employees. This reimbursement-based grant is for employers who will be offering hazard pay over the eligible program period.
The program is only open from July 16, 2020 to July 31, 2020. After July 31, 2020 the PA Department of Community & Economic Development (DCED) will no longer be accepting applications.
Guidelines and program information can be found here.
The July 27, 2020 webinar with URA staff can be found here.
Eligible Applicants Include:
- Healthcare or Health Services For-Profit or Nonprofits
- Food Manufacturing
- Food Retail Facilities including Grocery and Convenience Stores and Specialty Food Stores
- Transit and Ground Transportation
- Security Services
How to Apply:
- Applicants are encouraged to go directly to the Department of Community and Economic Developments single application webpage to apply directly for this program.
The URA has a Community and Economic Development Organization that can apply on your behalf, but this is not a requirement. If you would like to go through our CEDO to submit your application, please fill out the forms to the right side of the page and email them to email@example.com.
- DCED will ask your business to fill out the forms on the right side of this page and submit a single application to be eligible.
The expenditures reimbursed through the grant will be for hazard pay for employees making less than $20 per hour but more than minimum wage projected through the period of August 16 to October 24. If your business is awarded the grant, you will need to provide payroll reports indicating the expenditure in order to be reimbursed.