Skip to content
Image of a white flag

COVID-19 Resources for Residents

URA Resources

Legal Assistance Program

New! The Legal Assistance Program (LAP) provides a variety of free housing legal services to eligible tenants and homeowners who live in the City of Pittsburgh. 

Legal Services for Tenants:

  • Mediation 
  • Limited Legal Representation 
  • Full Legal Representation 

Legal Services for Homeowners:

  • Tangled Title Services
  • Foreclosure Prevention Services

Please call 412-534-6600 to receive a referral.

For Spanish, Portuguese, or other languages, call: 412-530-5244.


Housing Stabilization Program

The Housing Stabilization Program (HSP) is a housing crisis intervention program that provides one-time or short term (up to 3 months) financial assistance to households who are facing a temporary, non-reoccurring housing crisis. A limited amount of funding is also available for homeowners to assist with mortgage payments.

City of Pittsburgh residents in need of rental, utility or mortgage assistance should contact United Way 2-1-1. Interpreter services are available in over 140 languages.

United Way can be contacted through one of the following:

  • Text your ZIP Code to 898-211       
  • Dial 211 from your phone
  • Call toll free at 1-866-856-2773
  • By chatroom:


Housing Assistance Resources Portal (HARP)

The City of Pittsburgh launched the Housing Assistance Resources Portal (HARP) where users can search for housing-related programs and services. It helps those interested in renting, currently renting, interested in buying a home, currently owning a home, renting their property as a landlord, or currently experiencing homelessness.

This resource is made possible in partnership by the City of Pittsburgh, URA and Housing Authority of the City of Pittsburgh.


More Resources
Scroll Up