Home Accessibility Program for Independence (HAPI)
The HAPI grant program provides an opportunity for those with physical disabilities to remain in their homes.
The Home Accessibility Program for Independence (HAPI) is a grant program intended to assist eligible homeowners and landlords to construct accessibility modifications to their homes.
Accessible modifications include, but are not limited to:
- Exterior Ramps
- Chair Gliders or Lifts
- Door Widening
- Bathroom Modifications
- Lowering Kitchen Counters
- Sliding Shelves
- Visual Door Bells
- Visual Phone Signalers
Eligible homeowners may receive a grant from $1,000 up to $15,000 for a single-unit home. Landlords may receive a grant up to $7,500 per unit.
- Proof of Disability in the form of a letter, excuse from your Doctor, or a letter showing that you receive Social Security Disability
- Must fall within income guidelines and provide verification of all income, with copies of the two most recent pay stubs for each wage earner
- Deed must be in homeowner's name or proof of owner's permission to make modifications
- Copy of the latest Income Tax Returns or Non-Filing Verification Letter (1.800.829.1040)
- Verification that City and County Real Estate Taxes are paid (if available)
Please refer to the chart below for HAPI 2022 income limits by household size.
Download Program Summary - English
Download Program Summary - Arabic
Download Program Summary - Chinese
Download Program Summary - Nepali
Download Program Summary - Portuguese
Download Program Summary - Russian
Download Program Summary - Spanish
Download Program Summary - Swahili
Language translation is available free of charge. Please send an email to email@example.com.
How to Apply
Home Repair Assistance Application
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions, please call us at 412-255-6694, ext 6721.
Have questions or need assistance? For more information please contact:
Phone: 412-255-6694, ext 6721