Invitation for Bids - CLOSED
Construction of Concrete Sidewalks - Rebid
The Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh requests a bid for the construction of concrete sidewalks at various locations within the City of Pittsburgh.
Resources & Addendums
Read more here
The Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh requests a bid for the construction of concrete sidewalks at various locations within the City of Pittsburgh as noted on Exhibit “A”. Your bid price should be based on the following:
1. The enclosed Technical Specifications titled: “Item No. 1 – 4” Concrete Sidewalk”.
2. The enclosed typical sidewalk section for standard sidewalk pavements.
3. The Scope of Work for the project is listed below:
a. Removal and replacement of the existing sidewalk, in accordance with the referenced technical specifications and typical concrete sidewalk section.
b. All survey and layout work required to complete the project.
c. All maintenance and protection of traffic, temporary barricades, flashers, signs, and other materials necessary to maintain vehicular and pedestrian traffic flow; including the associated labor and equipment required to perform the work.
d. The completion of the work within forty-five (45) consecutive calendar days from the date of the Notice to Proceed.
e. Note that the unit price for the sidewalk work will include the cost for survey and layout work and all associated maintenance and protection of traffic work.
4. To the greatest extent feasible, the successful bidder shall be required to meet the requirements of the Urban Redevelopment Authority’s Minority and Women Business Enterprise Participation Policy, which provides for a minimum of 18% of the total cost of the contract to be expended for MBE participation and 7% for WBE participation.
5. Wages paid on this project shall not be less than the minimum wages determined by the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry as set forth in Wage Decision No. PA180004 (attached).
6. The successful bidder agrees to carry Workmen’s Compensation Insurance, as required by law, together with Employers’ Liability Insurance in an amount not less than Five Hundred Thousand Dollars ($500,000.00), and Comprehensive General Liability Insurance and Contractual Liability Insurance in an amount not less than Five Hundred Thousand Dollars ($500,000.00) for any one occurrence and Five Hundred Thousand Dollars ($500,000.00) aggregate. Before commencing work, successful bidder shall submit a certificate of insurance detailing its insurance coverage. This certificate must name the Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh and the City of Pittsburgh as “additional insured”. Successful bidder shall also carry Comprehensive Automobile Liability Insurance with limits not less than Five Hundred Thousand Dollars ($500,000.00) for bodily injury and property damage.
7. The bid must be accompanied by a Bid Guaranty in an amount which not be less than five percent (5%) of the total estimated cost of sidewalk work. At the option of the Bidder the guaranty may be a certified check, bank draft, negotiable U.S. Government Bond (at par value), or a Bid Bond on the form attached. Bid Bonds submitted on any form other than that attached will not be accepted and the Bid will be rejected. The Bid Bond shall be secured by a guaranty or surety company listed in the latest issue of U.S. Treasury Form 570. The amount of such Bid Bond shall be within the maximum amount specified for such company in said Form 570. No Bid will be considered unless it is accompanied by the required guaranty. Certified check or bank draft must be payable to the order of URA. Cash deposits will not be accepted. The Bid Guaranty shall insure the execution of the Agreement and the furnishing of the surety bond or bonds by the successful Bidder.
Revised Bids submitted before the opening of Bids, whether forwarded by mail or telegram, if representing an increase in excess of two percent (2%) of the original Bid, must have the Bid guaranty adjusted accordingly; otherwise, the Bid will not be considered.
Certified checks or bank drafts, or the amount thereof, Bid Bonds, and negotiable U.S. Government Bonds of unsuccessful Bidders will be returned as soon as practicable after the opening of the Bids.
8. The successful bidder shall hold harmless and defend the URA and the City of Pittsburgh against any and all losses, liabilities, expenses, claims, demands, and/or actions arising from or related to the conduct of the successful Bidder and its subcontractors, employees, and agents pursuant to this Agreement, and shall defend any and all actions brought against the URA or the City of Pittsburgh with counsel of the URA’s choice.
9. The successful Bidder is responsible to obtain all permits required to complete the work.
10. Having satisfied all conditions of award as set forth elsewhere in this invitation, the successful Bidder shall, within the period specified above, furnish a surety bond in a penal sum of not less than the amount of the estimated cost of the sidewalk work, as set out in the accepted proposal as security for the faithful performance of the Contract, and also an additional bond in the equivalent penal sum for the payment of all persons, firms or corporations to whom the Contractor may become legally indebted for labor, materials, tools, equipment, or services of any nature, including utility and transportation services, employed or used by him in performing the work. Such bond shall be in the same form as that included, and shall bear the same date or a date subsequent to the date of Agreement. The current power of attorney for the person who signs for any surety company shall be attached to such bond. This bond shall be signed by a guaranty or surety company listed in the latest issue of the U.S. Treasury Form 570 and the penal sum shall be within the maximum specified for such company in said Form 570.
The failure of the successful Bidder to execute such Agreement and to supply the requested bond or bonds within ten days after the prescribed forms are presented for signature, or within such extended period as the URA may grant, based upon reasons determined sufficient by the URA, shall constitute a default, and the URA may either award the Contract to the next best responsible Bidder or readvertise for Bids, and may charge against the Bidder the difference between the amount for which a Contract for the work is subsequently executed, irrespective of whether the amount thus due exceeds the amount of the Bid Bond. If a more favorable Bid is received by readvertising, the defaulting Bidder shall have no claim against the URA for a refund.
11. The Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh reserves the right to reject any or all bids or to waive any informalities in the bidding.
12. Bids may be held by the Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh for a period not to exceed sixty (60) days from the date of the opening of bids prior to awarding the contract.
Please submit your bid and bid guaranty to this office, Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh, 11th floor, 200 Ross Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15219 by 11:00 a.m., Wednesday, August 22, 2018, at which time all bids will be publicly opened and read aloud in the conference room on the 11th floor. Your bid must be submitted on the bid form (located under resources). Please indicate on the outside of your sealed envelope that this bid is for “City-wide Sidewalk Replacement”.