Invitation for Bids
East Liberty Site Preparation Contract No. 4 - REBID (Liberty Green/River Roots Park)
The Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh will receive bids from qualified contractors for construction of a 4 acre Liberty Green/River Roots Park.
Bid documents are available on publicpurchase.com
Resources & Addendums
Read more here
The URBAN REDEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY OF PITTSBURGH will receive bids from qualified contractors for construction of a 4-acre Liberty Green/River Roots Park, a playground and public area in the City of Pittsburgh's East Liberty neighborhood. Construction will include approximately 22,000 CY of grading, excavation, and fill; 50,000 SF of concrete sidewalks, stormwater basins and underground storage tanks; 1,000 LF of 12" - 24" HDPE stormwater sewers; 14,500 SF of resilient play surfaces, playground equipment, picnic equipment; approximately 200 trees and shrubs; 45,000 SF of lawn; 31 pedestrian and street light poles and luminaires; and all work incidental thereto required to complete East Liberty Site Preparation Contract No. 4 - Rebid, until 11:00 a.m. prevailing time on Thursday, the 28th day of February, 2019, at its office on the 11th Floor, 200 Ross Street, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15219. At that time all bids will be publicly opened and read aloud in the 11th Floor Conference Room.
Contract documents will be available on publicpurchase.com on January 16, 2019. Contract documents will also be made available for pick up on Compact Disk (CD) upon request. Any addenda will be posted only on publicpurchase.com.
A pre-bid meeting will be held at the Kingsley Association at 6435 Frankstown Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15206 at 2:30 p.m. on Thursday, January 24, 2019, to discuss the specifications for this project and review the bid drawings. Attendance by prospective bidders is mandatory.
A certified check or bank draft payable to the order of the Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh, negotiable U.S. Government Bonds (at par value), or a satisfactory Bid Bond executed by the Bidder and an acceptable surety, in a dollar amount equal to 5% of the total bid for East Liberty Site Preparation Contract No. 4 - REBID (Liberty Green/River Roots Park) shall be submitted for each bid. The bid submittal must include the Bid, Non-collusion Affidavit of Prime Bidder, Bid Bond, Statement of Bidder's Qualifications, Certificate of Compliance - Section 3, and the Certificate of Minority and Women's Participation.
Wages paid on this project shall not be less than the minimum wages determined by the U.S. Department of Labor as set forth in the Contract Documents.
The Contractor will be required to comply with all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity requirements for Federally-Assisted construction contracts.
The Contractor must assure that employees and applicants for employment are not discriminated against because of their age, race, color, religion, disability, ancestry, national origin, age or sexual preference, gender identity, gender expression, political and/or union affiliation. Attention is called to Executive Order 11246, to Section 3 of the Housing and Urban Development Act of 1968, 12 U.S.C. 1701U, and to the Section 3 Clause and Regulations set forth in 24 CFR, Part 135.
The Contractor will be required to comply with the following laws, rules and regulations:
- Contractor shall comply with all applicable standards, orders or regulations issued pursuant to the Clean Air Act as amended (42 U.S.C. 7401 et seq.). See 40 CFR, Parts 50-99, for relevant regulations of the EPA.
- Contractor shall comply with the Copeland "Anti-Kickback Act" (18 U.S.C. 874) as supplemented in Department of Labor Regulations (29 CFR, Part 3).
- Contractor shall comply with the Davis-Bacon Act (40 U.S.C. 276-a to a-7) as supplemented by Department of Labor Regulations (29 CFR, Part 5), and with the Contract Work Hours and Safety Act (40 U.S.C. 327 et seq.) as supplemented by Department of Labor Regulations (29 CFR, Parts 5 and 1926).
- Contractor shall comply with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 109 of the Community Development Act of 1974, with Executive Order 11625 (Minority Business Enterprise) and Executive Order 12138 (Women Business Enterprise).
- Bidders will be required to submit the package of certifications included with the contract documents relating to the Equal Employment Opportunity and the participation of Minority and Women Business Enterprises.
- The Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh requires that all bidders complete and submit an MBE/WBE Solicitation and Commitment Statement along with the bid. The Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh reserves the right to reject any or all bids or to waive any informality in the bidding.
- Bids may be held by the Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh for a period not to exceed ninety (90) days from the date of the opening of Bids for the purpose of reviewing the Bids and investigation of Bidders prior to awarding the Contract.
A pre-bid meeting will be held at the Kingsley Association at 6435 Frankstown Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15206 at 2:30 p.m. on Thursday, January 24, 2018, to discuss the specifications for this project and review the bid drawings. Attendance by prospective bidders is mandatory.