A Mane Makeover
The Professional Barber Institute is a new facility where certified teachers instruct future barbers for 1,250 hours of practical and theory training needed to take the Pennsylvania State Board Exam to obtain a barber license.
With the help of a URA grant, PBI was able renovate its storefront with exterior painting to match branding, new signage, energy efficient doors, masonry repair and cleaning, and repair to the shingles and flashing on extended roof.
- Business: Professional Barber Institute
- Address: 8862 Frankstown Avenue
- Neighborhood: East Hills
- Applicant: Three Generation's Barber Shop/Operation Better Block
- URA Program: Storefront Renovation Program
- Total Project Cost: $13,147
- URA Grant: $5,000
Before and After
Learn more about URA Façade Improvement Programs.