Kudos & Good News: April 2019
- Congrats to Diamonte Walker, URA director of Performance & Compliance and MWBE program officer, on being named one of Pittsburgh Business Times' Women of Influence. Check out Diamonte's Q&A.
Other Good News
- The City of Pittsburgh's Department of Innovation & Performance highlighted URA's assistance to small business owners and entrepreneurs in Pittsburgh through programs like the Micro-Enterprise Loan. Thanks for the great feature and profiles of our recent loan borrowers.
- Read about some of the public-private partnerships driving the next era of Pittsburgh's transformation.
- Module was recently featured in Builder Magazine after being named in the "Top 5 Innovation in Housing" awards. Jennifer Castenson, who wrote the article, will be coming to Pittsburgh to speak at Module's Future of Housing event on April 4.
- Casey Renee, pastry chef at Whitfield, is opening her new dessert business, CONFECTIONS.
- Gaby et Jules is expanding to East Liberty.
- Azorean Cafe has one of the best dishes in Pittsburgh right now.
- Pittsburgh topped a list for First-Time Homebuyers.
- Pittsburgh rose to No. 8 on Livability.com's list of Best Places to Live.
- It's also one of 10 Cities Where You Can Own A Home For About $1,000 A Month.
- Yelp ranked Pittsburgh as a Top 10 Foodie City.
- PDP's Picklesburgh festival won USA Today's Best Specialty Food Festival.
- Pittsburgh banks were ranked among the world's best.
- Pittsburgh was also listed as one of the Best Cities for St. Patrick’s Day Celebrations.
- Chrissy Teigen gave a shout out to local restaurant Driftwood Oven after a recent visit.