MWBE News and Events for August 2020
7 Pillars™ of Sustainable Business
Omicelo Cares provides deep business support for income growth and sustainability. Its 7 Pillars™ Accelerator advances small businesses through specialized technical assistance and connects these businesses directly to revenue and growth opportunities.
Click here to register.
Go Global Export Series
The University of Pittsburgh's Small Business Development Center (SBDC) is hosting a five-part webinar series for companies interested in growing their business internationally. This free series will feature experts from SBDC, the U.S. Commercial Service, Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission, Huntington Bank, EXIM Bank, Wilke and Associates, UPS, RL Swearer, and Meyer, Unkovic & Scott Law. Webinars are held monthly through December 10.
Click here for registration and additional details.
Community Power to Prosper
The University of Pittsburgh's Institute for Entrepreneurial Excellence is offering a no cost certificate program to provide vital business education and opportunities for existing inner-city business owners. Participants will learn how to spur growth in sales, profits, and enterprise value in the communities the serve and support. Community Power to Prosper is ideal for business owners who:
- Have been in business for 2+ years
- Have one fulltime employee other than themselves
- Are looking for new ways to grow and sustain their businesses.
Workshop Sessions (8:00 - 10:00 AM):
- August 26, 2020: Strategic Planning for Success
- September 9, 2020: Human Resources
- September 23, 2020: Small Business Banking
- October 7, 2020: Social Media & Resource Utilization
- October 21, 2020: Legalities of Small Business Management
- November 4, 2020: Financial Statement Essentials
- November 18, 2020: Technology for Small Businesses
Click here to register by August 21.
Connected is an economic recovery program for the Greater Pittsburgh Region that is funded in part by the Richard King Mellon Foundation. Connected provides workforce development and business support through a partnership with Hazelwood Initiative, Davis Consulting Solutions, Community2Work®, and P.O.O.R.L.A.W.
Click here to download the program flier.
Event Calendars to Follow
- African American Chamber of Commerce
- Chatham University’s Women’s Business Center
- Diversity Business Resource Center