MWBE News and Events for December 2019
Doing Business With Pitt (University of Pittsburgh)
Date: Tuesday, December 3, 2019 from 8:00-10:30 a.m.
Location: O’Hara Student Center, 1st Floor, 4024 O’Hara Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
To register for this ‘no cost’ event, RSVP here.
- Meet the Decision Makers from Multiple-Departments
- FY 2019, Pitt Purchased over $650 Million in Goods & Services
- See the New, Campus Master Plan - Be Part of Pitt’s Growth
- Welcome - Service-Based, Manufacturers, Sub-Contractors, Retail
New Granada Square Minority & Section 3 Business Info Session 2
Date: Thursday, December 5, 2019 from 5:00-7:00 p.m.
Location: Grayson Center, 1852 Enoch Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15219
The Hill Community Development Corporation, CHN Housing Partners and Mistick Construction Company are seeking minority and women-owned businesses (M/WBE) and Section 3 qualified businesses to participate in the upcoming construction of the New Granada Square Retail & Apartments project.
- Get information on how to receive a contractor bidding packet for certain construction trades occurring on the projects
- Learn more about the MBE and Section 3 certification process, mentor/mentee and job opportunities
Looking for a Construction Job!
Date: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 at 6:30 p.m.
Location: Kingsley Center, 6435 Frankstown Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15206
Registration: Not required. Click here for informational flyer.
This is a Section 3 Open Session Recruitment Event for the Larimer/East Liberty Phase III/IV Redevelopment.
Proof of Section 3 Eligibility is Required! Please be prepared to provide:
- Proof of Residency
- Proof of Income
- Proof of Citizenship
ALCOSAN - Minority/Women/SDV Event
Date: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 from 5:00-7:30 p.m.
Location: Allegheny County Sanitary Authority (ALCOSAN) Campus, 3300 Preble Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15233
To register for this ‘free’ event, RVSP by no later than December 13, 2019 to email@example.com or 412.269.6461.
Are you a M/WBE/SDV vendor who’s interested in ALCOSAN’s upcoming construction projects and how your organization might participate?
Attend this ‘free’ event, sponsored by ALCOSAN, and learn about:
- Specific construction opportunities
- Additional business resources
- Potential opportunities to partner with prime contractors
Event Calendars to Follow
MWBE Out and About
Thursday, December 5, 2019 - Lisa Moses will be at the African American Chamber of Commerce’s Annual Business Luncheon (Location: Omni William Penn Hotel, 530 William Penn Place, Pittsburgh, PA 15219).
Tuesday, December 17, 2019 – Lisa Moses will be giving a brief presentation to The Pittsburgh Business Group
(Location: Zone 28, 2525 Freeport Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15238).