420-422 Wood Street
Part of the Downtown Preservation Project, 420-422 Wood Street includes the renovation of the three historic cast-iron facades in Downtown. Project includes first floor retail and upper floor residential.
Restoration of3Historic Facades
Downtown420-422 Wood St., Pittsburgh, PA 15222
The URA worked with Pittsburgh History and Landmarks Foundation to preserve three historic cast iron façades in Downtown Pittsburgh.
The restoration of 420-422 Wood Street continued the URA’s commitment to historic preservation in Downtown Pittsburgh. Utilizing State funding secured by the URA, Landmarks Development Corporation, a subsidiary of Pittsburgh Historic Landmarks Foundation, private owners, and the URA redeveloped these properties for ground floor retail and upper floor office or housing space.
The project was completed in 2013.
- Developer: URA, Private Owners, and Landmarks Development Corporation
- Community Partner: Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership
- Total Development Cost: $1,100,000
- URA Role: Disposition, funding, and construction administration
- URA Grant Management: $4,000,000 in Redevelopment Assistance Capital Program for a major Downtown Preservation program including 11 buildings
- Renovation of three historic cast-iron facades in downtown Pittsburgh