Hot Metal Flats
New construction of a five-story, 117-unit market-rate apartment building with an integral, first floor parking garage containing 93 spaces.
Southside FlatsHot Metal & Sidney Streets
Hot Metal Flats is the new construction of a 117-unit market-rate apartment building in the city's Southside Flats neighborhood.
The site was a vacant brownfield at the northeast corner of Hot Metal and Sidney Streets, adjacent to the core of the SouthSide Works development.
Construction financing closed in April 2014 and construction was completed in June 2015.
Hot Metal Flats provides 25 studios, (60) one-bedroom, and (32) two-bedroom urban style apartments ranging from 550 square feet up to 1,280 square feet. In addition to parking, on-site amenities include a fitness center, secure bike storage, and access to a large outdoor space.
- Developer: Hot Metal Associates, LP (a partnership between Oxford Development Company and PJ Dick)
- Contractor: PJ Dick
- Architect: Humphreys & Partners Architects, LP and WTW Architects, Inc
- Total Development Costs: $25,710,020
- URA Financing: $2,000,000
- This development promotes brownfield redevelopment and the development of a mixed-use neighborhood core while increasing the market-rate rental housing opportunities that support a growing housing market.