Relocation of the Pittsburgh Playhouse in downtown Pittsburgh. The Pittsburgh Playhouse is Point Park University’s performing arts center and is home to The REP and three student companies.
DowntownForbes Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15222
A state-of-the-art learning and performance center on Forbes Avenue in downtown Pittsburgh.
The Pittsburgh Playhouse will relocate in a growing downtown corridor near Point Park University’s growing Downtown campus. The Pittsburgh Playhouse serves The REP, a professional company, and three student companies.
The project is expected to be completed by June of 2018.
Pittsburgh Playhouse will incorporate two historic buildings in the development, the University Center and Stock Exchange Building, with a 90,000 square foot addition. The project will house a 560-seat proscenium/thrust theater with a 72-foot-wide state-of-the-art orchestra pit, dressing rooms, rehearsal studios and a deep backstage. Also included are two studio theaters for a more intimate venue with arena or flexible seating arrangements.
- Developer: Point Park University
- Contractor: PJ Dick
- Architect: Westlake, Reed, Leskosky
- Total Development Cost: $61,937,500
- URA Support: $5,000,000 Pittsburgh Urban Initiate New Market Tax Credit Allocation
- URA Grant Management: $5,000,000 Redevelopment Assistance Capital Program grant
- Description: 90,000 square foot performing arts center for Point Park University’s Conservatory of Performing Arts