Sponsorships through the URA
The URA provides sponsorships to help fund community development events throughout the city, such as small business fairs.
To ensure timely reception of grant funds, sponsorship applicants MUST submitted their application materials at least two (2) months prior to the event/initiative/program start date.
Applications may be filled out and signed in handwriting or electronically. If you need additional space, please transfer application questions to a separate document and answer them there. Applicants can expect to hear back from the URA within 15 business days from the date of receipt of their application.
Instructions for Applying
- Prior to applying, all applicants MUST read the Strategic Sponsorship Program Guidelines, found on pages 1 through 3 of the Sponsorship Application.
- All applicants must complete or submit either:
- The Strategic Sponsorship Application or,
- In lieu of the Strategic Sponsrship Application, their pitch deck/analogous informational material. Applicants not submitting an Application should take care to furnish information requested in the Sponsorship Application that may not be conveyed in their pitch deck/analogous information.
- Submit completed applications to Daniel Grantham, Executive Operations Coordinator, via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Program provides grants to support City of Pittsburgh-based events, programs, and initiatives that:
- Strive to make our city an equitable and inclusive place for all Pittsburghers;
- Focus on improving business, housing, or economic conditions in Pittsburgh;
- Connect Pittsburghers to the jobs and economic opportunities available in their communities andneighborhoods; and/or
- Formalize collaborative partnerships across Pittsburgh’s philanthropic, non-profit, business, andgovernmental sectors.
Grants are generally awarded in amounts of up to $5,000.00. Award amounts are determined through a qualitative review of the event/program/initiative’s alignment with one or more of the URA’s economic development goals (see page 5), the potential community impact, and the strength of the applicant’s submitted materials.
The URA may, at its discretion, award enhanced Sponsorship grants in amounts of up to $10,000.00 for events/programs/initiatives that occur in, primarily serve/benefit, and/or are hosted by members of the communities centered in one or more of the seven Avenues of Hope corridors. Please note that enhanced awards are not automatic conferred to Avenues of Hope-related applications. Rather, the decision to award funding in excess of $5,000.00 will be based solely upon the merits of applicants’ vision and submitted application materials.
At its discretion, the URA reserves the right to decline funding or provide funding that is less than the amount requested by the applicant.
Please contact Daniel Grantham, Executive Operations Coordinator, at email@example.com with any questions.