Commercial Rent Relief Matching Program
The URA is offering a grant to landlords who agree to temporarily reduce the rent for a commercial tenant. The goal is to help struggling businesses survive the current restrictions on their operations by reducing their fixed costs in the short term.
Total Grant Amount:
- Maximum of $1,200 ($400/month over 3 months or $200/month over 6 months)
- URA will pay for 50% of reduction in rent
- Monthly payments over 3-6 months
- Minimum of $100 per month
- No application fees
Preference will be given to retail, food and beverage businesses
Participating Small Businesses (Tenant):
- Brick-and-mortar, locally-owned business in a CDBG-eligible neighborhood in the City of Pittsburgh. See map here.
- Must lease from an unrelated entity (i.e. the business owner cannot be the building owner).
- Can’t have more than fifteen current full-time equivalent employees.
- May not be banks, savings and loan associations, non-independently owned gas stations, multi-level marketing enterprises, used car lots, adult entertainment establishments, beer distributors, non-profit organizations, check cashing outlets, or furniture and appliance rental stores.
- Must have been in existence for 12 months.
- Must commit to a new rent reduction for 3 months to 6 months.
- Property must be current on property taxes up to 2019, or be on a payment plan.
- Simple online application can be filled out by either landlord or tenant, but both will be required to sign the grant agreement.
- Business must demonstrate reduced revenues in months between April 2020 and present.
If you have any questions, please email Kryn Sausedo, business strategy officer.