Homewood Station Senior Housing
The Homewood Senior Housing Development is a new construction mixed-use transit-oriented development offering 41 units of affordable senior housing.
Homewood500 Block North Homewood Avenue
This development is an anchor at a critical intersection in the Homewood neighborhood and complements significant development activity proximate to the East Busway.
Located at the corner of North Homewood Ave. and Susquehanna St., the new four-story apartment building provides adjacent access to the East Busway. The site is part of an 18-month plan, known as "Bridging the Busway," a Transit Oriented Design Initiative, focusing on the connection of North Point Breeze and Homewood around the Busway.
Construction financing for the development closed in November 2012 and completed construction in fall of 2013.
The project consists of 41 units, in a mix of (29) one and (12) two-bedroom units. A management office is located on the first floor along with a number of common spaces, including a 671-square-foot community room, a large sitting room, a waiting area, a mailroom, a social service office and a kitchenette serving as a community space. The project also offers a cafe and 4,000 square feet of retail space.
- Developer: Homewood Station Senior Housing LP (a joint venture between S&A Homes and Oxford Development Company)
- Community Partner: Operation Better Block (OBB)
- Contractor: Poole Anderson Construction
- Architect: Rothschild Doyno Collaborative
- Total Development Cost:$11,516,000
- URA Financing: $317,000
- Utilized URA and/or City land
- The project consists of 41 units, in a mix of (29) one and (12) two bedroom units.