Oakland Affordable Living
The Oakland Affordable Living housing development includes the rehabilitation of 24 existing rental units and the new construction of 25 rental units.
West Oakland2561 Alliquippa Street
Oakland Affordable Living will provide affordable housing to families. The units are strategically located in close proximity to the universities and hospitals in Oakland.
As part of the project, Allequippa Place, which consists of six buildings with a total of 30,386 square feet, built in 1927, will be preserved. The 38,190 square foot Wadsworth Street Apartment Building will be constructed. New street trees will be added, along with two rain gardens and a backyard space for kids to play. Allequippa Place in Oakland was one of the first projects in Pennsylvania to receive an allocation of Low Income Housing Tax Credits and now it will be preserved as a key part of the new affordable development.
The development was awarded 2016 Low Income Housing Tax Credits. Construction started in the Fall of 2017. The development will be completed by December 2018.
The development will help address a much needed affordable housing shortage in Pittsburgh's East End.
- Location: 2528-2544 Wadsworth Street and 2561 Alliquippa Street
- Developer: Quippa, LP (Oakland Planning and Development Corporation)
- Contractor: Sota Construction Services, Inc.
- Architect: Loysen + Kreuthmeier
- Total Project Cost: $16,109,105
- URA Financing: $1,650,000
- Oakland Affordable Living is an affordable housing redevelopment that includes the rehabilitation of 24 existing rental units and the new construction of 25 rental units.