OwnPGH Homeownership Program
Financing for first-time homebuyers in the City of Pittsburgh
The OwnPGH Homeownership Program (OwnPGH) provides up to $90,000 to first-time homebuyers seeking to purchase a home within the City of Pittsburgh.
About the Program
Homebuyers may receive up to $90,000 total, in the form of a grant and a loan, for the purchase of a house within the City of Pittsburgh.
- A $50,000 grant may be available for those with a household income of 80% of Area Median Income (AMI) or below.
- A $40,000 loan may be available for those with a household income of 80% AMI or below. This is a 0% interest, forgivable loan, that can be forgiven after 10 years.
Who Can Apply?
- Individuals who pre-qualify for a home loan through one of our three bank partners; Please find contact information below for each participating bank lender.
- Individuals who do not exceed 80% of AMI; Please view the chart below to check if your household income is within the program income limits.
- Individuals who would like to own a property within the City of Pittsburgh; Properties outside of City of Pittsburgh limits do not qualify for OwnPGH assistance.
OwnPGH Income Limits
This chart shows the maximum annual income limits for those interested in applying for the OwnPGH Program. Annual Gross Income = Total income received by the entire household, before taxes and withholdings
OwnPGH Bank Partners
Step 1: Please contact one of the three banks below to find out if you pre-qualify for a home loan.
Step 2: Once you confirm pre-qualification for a home loan, the bank will facilitate your application to the OwnPGH Program.
First Commonwealth Bank
Additional Homebuying Assistance
First-time homebuyers making less than 80% of the AMI may be eligible to receive up to $7,500 for down payment and closing costs in the form of a 0% interest, 5-year deferred loan.
Download Program Summary - English
Download Program Summary - Arabic
Download Program Summary - Chinese
Download Program Summary - Nepali
Download Program Summary - Portuguese
Download Program Summary - Russian
Download Program Summary - Spanish
Download Program Summary - Swahili
Language translation is available free of charge. Please send an email to email@example.com.
Have questions or need assistance? For more information please contact:
Phone: 412-255-6694, ext 6721