Down Payment and Closing Cost Assistance
Financing for first-time homebuyers in the City of Pittsburgh
The Down Payment and Closing Cost Assistance Program provides financial assistance to eligible first-time homebuyers in the City who are interested in purchasing an existing or newly constructed residential unit.
Types of Loans and Repayment Options
- First-time homeowners under 80% of the Area Median Income (AMI) can receive up to $7,500 for down payment and closing cost assistance in the form of a 0% interest, 5-year deferred loan.*
- First-time homeowners between 80% AMI and 115% AMI can receive up to $5,000 for down payment and closing cost assistance in the form of a 0% interest, 10-year deferred loan.*
- No payments are made during the term of the loan if residency requirements are met.
*Please refer to the chart below to check your income eligibility.
- The borrower’s annual gross household income may not exceed 115% of the AMI.
- The borrower must be purchasing the home as their primary residence and have their name on the deed.
- The borrower must not have any outstanding City, School, and County real estate taxes, or the borrower must be on a payment plan for at least six months.
- The borrower's lender must complete the application. The lender will submit the application into the URA on the borrower's behalf.
- The borrower must complete a U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Certified First-Time Homebuyer Course administered by a HUD certified counselor.
- The URA must receive the application at least 21 days prior to the desired closing date.
- A permanent structure used primarily for year-round residential use. If the property to be improved is vacant, the borrower must certify in writing prior to closing his/her intent to occupy the property within 30 days upon work completion.
- Each property may contain up to two connected dwelling units (i.e., duplex, townhouse), one of which must be owner-occupied.
Download Program Summary - English
Download Program Summary - Arabic
Download Program Summary - Chinese
Download Program Summary - Nepali
Download Program Summary - Portuguese
Download Program Summary - Russian
Download Program Summary - Spanish
Download Program Summary - Swahili
Language translation is available free of charge. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read Homebuyer Stories
- Noah Rectenwald, 100th Recipient of the DPCCAP, Has Positive Experience Buying Home
- Celestin Uwintonze Improved Credit and Bought a Home with the Help of HOF
- Susan Smith Credits Housing Assistance as Life-Changing
Have questions? For more information or for help with an application, please contact Natalie Lopez, Program Assistant, by calling 412.255.6574 or emailing email@example.com