Site Relocation Assistance
Explore why Pittsburgh is the right home for your business
Seeking to relocate, expand or start in Pittsburgh?
Our team is ready to assist businesses like yours.
What the URA Can Do For You
The URA partners with the city and state on business expansion and attraction efforts for Pittsburgh. Whether your business is building a new facility to accommodate expansion, seeking working capital to underwrite growth, purchasing or leasing new equipment, or all three, we're uniquely positioned to provide assistance for all of your business needs. Reach out to us at email@example.com to discuss any of these areas:
Site Location Assistance
- Assist with property indentification
- Coordinate site tours
- Connect with property owners
- Provide market research data
Access to Capital
- Learn about URA business loan and grant programs
- State tax credits (i.e. Keystone Innovation Zone, Research & Development)
- State financing tools
- Local incentive programs
- Direct liaison to the State and the Governor's Action Team
- Introductions to funders, economic development organizations, and the local entrepreneurial ecosystem
Why is Pittsburgh the right home for your business?
Learn more below, and explore resources for your business to the right.
Find a propertyLearn More
Explore Pittsburgh Neighborhood Business District Market ProfilesLearn More
Learn more about business expansion incentives hereLearn More
More resources for your businessLearn More
Pittsburgh Is Within 500 Miles Of...
- 41% of U.S. businesses
- 23 of the top 50 U.S. METRO retail markets
- 2 hour ﬂights to 70% of North America
- 50+% of U.S. buying power
- Three signature rivers make it the second largest port in the U.S.
- Commercial access via 18 railroad systems, including CSX and Norfolk Southern
Your Workforce in Waiting
In 2016, there were 41,000 annual graduates from 36 regional colleges and universities with nearly 55% majoring in fields of health care, computer science, business, engineering, and law.
World Class University R&D and Innovation Spending
- $984.1 million in combined research budgets among Pittsburgh-based universities
- 145 University generated Patents
- 334 licenses, options, and other agreements
Pittsburgh Stands Strong When Ranked Against Other U.S. Cities:
- 7th Best City for an Active Lifestyle - WalletHub
- No. 4 Best City For Foodies - SmartAsset
- No. 3 in 12 cities where you can live large on $60,000 - CNBC
- No. 1 city for first-time homebuyers - SmartAsset
- No. 2 in best U.S. cities for millennials - CNBC
- Most affordable metropolitan area in the U.S. - HSH
- Advanced Manufacturing/Robotics
- Information Technology
- Life Sciences
- Artificial Intelligence
For more information, please contact Charles Hudson at 412.255.6641 or via email.