Small Landlord Fund
Make repairs to preserve or convert to affordable housing
The SLF is designed to increase the supply of decent affordable housing and to eliminate health, safety, and property maintenance deficiencies as well as to ensure compliance with applicable codes and standards.
The Small Landlord Fund (SLF) provides funding to landlords with ten (10) or fewer units for the preservation of existing affordable rental housing and/or the conversion of market/vacant housing to affordable housing in the City of Pittsburgh.
- The borrower must rent the unit to HCV holders or households at 80% AMI or below.
- If the unit IS located in a HACP Alternative Payment Standard zip code, the borrower must rent to an HCV holder.
- Borrower must own the property
- Must have current homeowner insurance
- Must not have any outstanding City, School, and County real estate taxes or be on a payment plan for at least 3 months
- Must have minimum credit score of 600
- Must not have any judgement against him or her in a housing discrimination case within the past 5 years
- Borrower may not sell, lease to own, assign, transfer, dispose of or master lease all or any part of the property without prior expressed written consent of the URA
- Borrower must hire a licensed contractor and obtain all necessary building permits
- Up to $20,000 per unit
- Up to $100,000 per project
- $1,000 - $50,000 — 10 years max
- $50,001 - $100,000 — 15 years max
The affordability period shall remain in effect should the principle of the loan be paid off prior to the loan expiration date.
Must agree to rent units to HCV holders or households at 80% AMI or below
What are considered SLF eligible properties?
- Property must be located in the City of Pittsburgh
- Property must comply with all zoning requirements
- The borrower and/or any relatives of the borrower may not live in the units to be rehabbed
What are eligible uses of the loan?
- Sidewalk upgrades and repair
- Fire alarm upgrades and repair
- Electrical upgrades and repair
- Roof and gutter upgrades and repair
- Plumbing upgrades and repair
- Window upgrades and repair
- Door upgrades and repair
- Flooring upgrades and repair
- Appliance upgrades and repair
- Painting and dry wall upgrades and repair
- Accessibility enhancements
- Building envelope upgrades and repair
- HVAC and furnace upgrades and repair
- Structural repair (footers, retaining walls)
- Miscellaneous code or other necessary Items
- Cosmetic upgrades
For more information, please contact Natalie Lopez, Client Relations Program Assistant, at 412.255.6574 or via email at email@example.com.