Biz District Spotlight: Bryant Street
August 30, 2019
Business District: Bryant Street
Neighborhood: Highland Park
Reasons to visit: Get a taste of Italy, Japan, and even France, then visit your favorite animals at the zoo…all in Highland Park!
- Start your day with the animals at the Pittsburgh Zoo and PPG Aquarium, then…
- Enjoy classic bistro cuisine with an infusion of French Fare at Park Bruges
- Have burgers with the family at Park Place Pub
- Sample creative healthy, locally sourced dishes in an authentic Japanese setting at Teppanyaki Kyoto
- Have a romantic traditional Italian dinner at Joseph Tambellini Restaurant
- Pick up essentials at the Bryant Street Market, cookies and other treats at Food Glorious Food, or a special gift at Flatboat Fair Traders
- The Highland Park Entry Garden was restored to its late 19th century grandeur in 2005. Restoration included tree and soil removal and replacement, reconstruction of the pool's stone coping, fountain replacement, renewal of plantings and flower beds, installation of new lighting and benches, and walkway restoration.
- Pittsburgh's need for a municipal water system brought about the creation of Highland Park in the late 1800s.
- On weekend evenings, you can catch a glimpse of URA CIE director and Highland Park resident Tom Link and his family, enjoying dinner at one of the Bryant Street restaurants!