Small Contractor Line of Credit Program
The Small Contractor Line of Credit Program supports operating construction, architectural, and engineering companies taking on Avenues of Hope projects that require access to working capital.
About Avenues of Hope
The Avenues of Hope Initiative is a place-based, people-first approach that promotes Black-owned centers of arts, culture, and business with mixed-use and pedestrian-friendly developments.
Projects for the Line of Credit Program must be located in one of the seven Avenues of Hope corridors and adjacent neighborhoods: Perry North & South, Chartiers Avenue, Hill District, Larimer, Homewood, Allentown/Beltzhoover, and Hazelwood.
Line of Credit Amount and Term
Financing of up to 90% of submitted and approved invoices of $25,000 - $100,000 on an annual basis.
Interest and Fees
There is a $350 application fee paid annually for each renewal and a 2% administrative fee paid once upon closing. The interest rate is 4% for the loan term, which can be renewed annually.
- Have a proven track record of project completion by providing three project references, as requested
- Have a contract for work within one of the Avenues of Hope neighborhoods
- Obtain appropriate permits and business registration from the City of Pittsburgh
- Have between $50,000 - $2,000,000 in annual revenue
- Be in good standing with public debt and up to date on taxes
- Undergo inspections at intervals throughout the course of the project
- Have appropriate business registrations with the City of Pittsburgh
- Provide evidence of business insurance and surety bonds in formats and amounts acceptable to the URA
- Not have an ownership interest in the project
Priority will be given to minority- and women-owned businesses, or businesses whose owners are economically disadvantaged.
Application: Please email Lynnette Morris, Lending & Investments program assistant, at email@example.com or call 412.255.6622 to apply.
Have questions? Call 412.255.6622 or send an email to Lynnette Morris.